Discover wine and viticultural adventures from around the world and add your own comments. As a travel writer, I run across interesting stories about unusual wines that express the terroir of the place from which they come. Sit back and relax as you 'read between the wines.' I welcome your comments and opinions. Let's start a conversation...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Way-Cool "Aroma Card" from Vinography .com

Wine expert Alder Yarrow blogs at vinography.com: "When I published the Vinography Aroma Card two years ago I had no idea that it was going to be such a hit. I had been thinking of doing it as a little project for years after getting fed up with seeing all these aroma and flavor guides set up as round wheels in a way that made absolutely no sense to me."

"I guess I wasn't alone in that frustration. Apparently no one else in the world has a round wallet either. The original card has been downloaded thousands of times since it was posted a couple of years ago."
I fell in love with this card as soon as I saw it. Reminds me of a "birding check list." Just wish it had check boxes. Don't think they would be useful, but Vagabonding Lulu LOVES check boxes. Printed a English version and it fits nicely in my wallet. Now I am looking for a New Zealand version for my next wine trip... help, Alder!

If you find this card valuable, I recommend that you go to Vinography.com and make a voluntary donation.

DOWNLOAD THE VINOGRAPHY AROMA CARD (39k PDF):

Deutsche: color | b&w
English: color | b&w
Español: color | b&w
Français: color | b&w
Italiano: color | b&w
Japanese: color | b&w
Portuguese: color | b&w

Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new True Vine Wine Blog articles are available. Just click on the “Subscribe” button above.

No comments:

Post a Comment